Get involved with the Party
- Attend meetings or events. Meetings are held every second Saturday of the month from 9:30 to 12:00 at:
The Ann Arbor Community Center 625 N. Main Street Ann Arbor, MI 48105
The first half hour of the meeting is always devoted to networking (and noshing). We also often have a speaker on a topic of interest, such as health care or the environment.
- Find out who’s running in your Ward and volunteer. There are two council members representing each ward, and they are elected for staggered 2-year terms. The candidates are always looking for people to walk the neighborhood with them, make phone calls, pass out literature, and help with mailings. It’s not easy running for office, but you can help immensely.
- As 2012 draws near there will be more and more opportunities to volunteer. Contact your ward chair or barackobama.com for more information.
- Come to a Mixer! We regularly hold events where like-minded people can get together to network and socialize. Check the Events page of this website for announcements.
- Help support the Ann Arbor Democratic Party with your financial contribution. Most of the money we raise goes directly to Democratic city candidates (post-primary). Please donate to help us help our great candidates, with their mailings, yard signs, and election day efforts.
§ To donate, please either click the Donate link on this website, or mail your checks, payable to “Ann Arbor Democratic Party”, P.O. Box 4178, Ann Arbor, MI 48106.
§ Contributions are not U.S. tax deductible, although there is a $50 per person per year Michigan tax credit.