Proposed Bylaw Changes
Article III – Membership
- Anyone who is in sympathy with the general aim and policies of the Party are welcome to become Party members.
- To become a Party member one must fill out a membership form, provide contact information, and provide the form to the Secretary or apply online
- In order to vote at Party meetings, one must be a member 30 days prior to any vote.
- The Secretary or the Chair’s designee shall have responsibility of maintaining the membership list.
- There shall be no dues for the Ann Arbor Democratic Party
- Democratic elected officials and nominees may become members at any meeting of the Ann Arbor Dems, and immediately be granted all rights of full membership, waiving the 30 day sign up delay for voting.
Article VIII – Notice of Resolutions
Initial notice of resolutions stating a Party position or changing the structure of the Party organization must be presented for discussion and review at a general Party meeting. Voting on resolutions will occur at the following general Party meeting. Secondary (voting meeting) noticemust be presented to the membership 30 days prior to the date of the meeting by email (unless member has notified Secretary that they are unable to receive email notifications) and posting to Party website and social media platforms.